Homes For Sale in Oregon City Oregon
Look no further for Homes For Sale in Oregon City Oregon! Not only do we have all of the Homes For Sale in Oregon City OR listed below, we also give you the history of Oregon City and what makes this the perfect place to call home. When you are ready to find your dream home, reach out and we can schedule a tour of homes for sale in Oregon City Oregon that meet your criteria.
What Makes Oregon City Oregon a Great Place to Live?
- Oregon City is a great mix of newer and old. It is one of the most popular suburbs on the southeast side of town.
- There is plenty of variety in homes styles. You can get everything from a historic Victorian home to a quaint bungalow style. There is a large amount of one level ranches plus new construction and townhome options.
- Located right off the 205 freeway and with Highway 99e running through town, Oregon city offers an easy commute to the Portland metro area.
- Oregon City is rich with history. As the end of the Oregon Trail and the original Capital of Oregon, Oregon City offers a variety of Historic Tours and Museums.
- With a multitude of parks and access to both the Willamette River and the Clackamas River, Oregon City is the perfect place for an outdoor enthusiast.
- An award winning Main Street with a vibrant shopping and eating district all tucked into charming historic buildings add to Oregon City’s historic flair.
Oregon city is located in Clackamas County in the Portland metropolitan area. The town is divided into upper and lower areas. The lower area is on a bench next to the Willamette River. In 1915 the town built the water-powered Oregon City Municipal Elevator to connect the two parts, which was converted to electricity in the 1920s. In 1952, a new electric elevator was constructed. This elevator remains the only vertical municipal street in the United States.
As the “End of the Oregon Trail”, Oregon City is steeped in pioneer history. Museums include the Museum of the Oregon Territory and the End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center, with costumed “living history” guides. Clackamas Heritage Partners owns and operates these museums, along with the Stevens Crawford Museum. Ghost Tours of Oregon City offers a walking tour of Main Street and the Historic Area and is chock full of interesting history and spooky stories, a don’t miss!
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.